Martin’s Third Wood Summit
C. F. Martin & Co., Inc. has announced the Third Wood Summit will be held at the company’s headquarters in Nazareth, Pa. on Thursday, May 12, 2011. The biennial full-day Summit will commence with an agenda of discussions, networking and presentations that address issues and trends related to the species and supply of woods purchased for acoustic guitars.
Directed to an audience of domestic and international suppliers representing 12 wood supply companies, the Summit will be facilitated by wood sourcing specialist Linda R. Davis-Wallen and Michael Dickinson, exotic, alternative and sustainable wood buyer.
The day’s themes will concentrate on the C. F. Martin Supplier Manual, as well as: updates regarding Forest Stewardship Council certification; Verification of Legal Origin and Harvest in C. F. Martin’s Supply Chain and theirs; the transparency and documentation that are necessary for Lacey Act compliance; New and alternative woods or materials and Species and supply issues.
Confirmed Panelists include:
- Craig Fedchock, director, International Capacity Development at USDA APHIS (Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service)
- Gweneth Langdon, chain of custody coordinator, U.S. Northeast Region, Rainforest Alliance/SmartWood Program
- Rob Garner, executive director, Think CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- Scott Paul, director, U.S. Forest Campaign Greenpeace & Environmental Chamber director, Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) US Board of Directors
- Joseph Frasetta, district forester, and Timothy Dugan, asst. district forester, DCNR Bureau for Forestry
- Tom Roche, founder and coordinator, JustForests.org