RPMDA Accepting Nominations for ‘Dorothy’ Award
The Retail Print Music Dealers Association (RPMDA) is accepting nominations for RPMDA’s “Dorothy” Award, named for Dorothy Hutchinson, former executive secretary/treasurer and charter member of RPMDA.
“During her too-brief life, she epitomized the finest that our industry has to offer, and had in abundance the attributes that print music dealers and publishers all aspire to,” notes the organization. “Dorothy served her community and music education, she was an active participant in promoting good dealer/publisher relations, and was an ethical businessperson who generously shared information with her fellow dealers. Her example of hard work and high standards make the ‘Dorothy’ Award RPMDA’s highest honor.”
To nominate someone in the print music industry, either a dealer or associate member, for this award, submit a short nominating essay (250-500 words) to RPMDA headquarters by March 1, 2013. Keep these factors in mind when describing your nominee’s qualifications:
- A lifetime of service to friends and family, community, and the print music industry.
- Promotion of ethical business standards and policies.
- Setting high standards for customer relations and service, as well as dealer/publisher relations.
- Personal integrity.
- The encouragement and support of music education.
- Innovation in business, with a vision for the future.
Send your nomination BY MARCH 1, 2013 to:
RPMDA “Dorothy” Award